Job Posting for Coaching Assistant
(2 positions available)
This job will be assisting the Director of Coach and Athlete Development with the managing and coaching of 40-50 athletes ages 12 and up in various rowing programs and assisting the Boathouse and Equipment Manager in the maintenance of the club equipment, e.g. rowing shells and oars. This job will include the following responsibilities:
- Supervise and coach the summer Learn to Row program.
- Assist with coaching crews as designated by the Director of Coach and Athlete Development
- Assist with training programs for our learn to row and competitive rowers
- Assist with organizing crews for training and regattas
- Assist with submitting regatta entries
- Assist with allocating and scheduling boats to crews for training and regattas
- Assist with loading of boats, oars, and equipment going to and from regattas.
- Assist with cleaning of boathouse, trailer, and grounds
- Be responsible for monitoring and filling coach boat gas tanks
- Be responsible to notify the Boathouse and Equipment Manager of damage and repairs required to equipment.
- Assist the Boathouse Manager with administrative tasks
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers for WRCC regattas
- Ensure that the equipment is in good working order and assist with equipment and boat repairs.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are taken throughout the training season for all rowers.
- Adhere to the NDRC Coaching Code of Conduct